-
May 13th, 2004, 10:29 PM
#701
Inactive Member
That's why Manhunt is so cool, they didn't bitch about it and you kill people very badly in it.
-
May 13th, 2004, 10:31 PM
#702
Inactive Member
Nah, they bitched.
My parents must have watched some stupid christian propaganda show or something..They gave me a talk about "the evils of videogames"
thye mentioned manhunt and despite what i said that I don't OWN THE CONSOLE THAT PLAYS MANHUNT they insisted I have been playing filthy violent games that are not good for a true christian's agenda.
They mostly just don't understand my gaming...
-
May 13th, 2004, 10:41 PM
#703
Senior Hostboard Member
I would be careful when buying Xenosaga then, it has strong themes of religion, and ultimately revolves around killing god.
-
May 13th, 2004, 10:43 PM
#704
Inactive Member
-
May 13th, 2004, 10:47 PM
#705
Senior Hostboard Member
You have the right attitude! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
-
May 13th, 2004, 10:49 PM
#706
Inactive Member
I liked the themes in G2. About people and religon and all..
-
May 13th, 2004, 10:50 PM
#707
Inactive Member
My mom is afriad I'll become atheist and all..
So is my sister...
It sucks a lot...
-
May 13th, 2004, 11:09 PM
#708
HB Forum Owner
IRT CBA(1): "the evils of videogames"
OMG, nothing evil, games are just an art and a media form, just like books, TV, and music are... They may or may not contain stuff your parents may or may not like.
IRT Cata(2): LOL, yeah!
Xeno games really are the most controversial games you may get, which makes them even more interesting. They are pure philosophy.
Here's the list of the potentially controversial things Xenogears and Xenosaga have, alphabetically sorted so you can't know which one has what, and without giving any clues:
Artificial consciousness
Artificial life creation
Artificial life feelings
Artificial life rights
Beyond good and evil
Biblic characters
Biblic myths
Biblic quotes
Biblic quotes, deformed
Cannibalism
Christianity bashing
Crosses, inverted
Crosses, non-christian
Crucifixion
Experimentation on humans
Genetic engineering
god slaying
god, creation of
god, discussion of
Incest
Lesbianism, sort of
Mental disorders
Nudity
Pantyshots
Presents priests as pedophiles
Psychological torture
Religion bashing
Sex
Threesomes
Underage realian abuse
Underage realian pantyshots
Violence
That's all I can think for now. And I'm not exaggerating, Xenogears and Xenosaga do have all of this and more; I can prove every one with spoilers and script quotes. This is why they are so controversial.
And this is why they are two of the very best games ever. They make you think on a lot of things; good things, bad things, neither good nor bad things; and to reconsider everything. After playing them, other games will sound simpler to you. And I'm sure you'll always remember a "before" and an "after" playing either of them in your way of thinking.
<font color="#101010" size="1">[ May 13, 2004 08:10 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
-
May 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM
#709
Inactive Member
*reads over topics*
Lesbianism! KickASS!
-
May 13th, 2004, 11:12 PM
#710
HB Forum Owner
My mom is afriad I'll become atheist and all..
Like it were a bad thing... You alone choose what you want to believe, IF you want to believe, anyways. And you can't freely control what you believe (or not believe) either.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks